Our Teen Leadership Programs give your teen a chance to develop their skills working with campers, their team, and our staff of mentors. Staff are specifically trained to mentor this age group. Your teen will earn community service hours toward graduation.
Counselor in Training (Ages 14-17)
Take the first step to unlocking your leadership potential. Counselors in Training (CITs) will learn fundamental leadership qualities as they engage in counselor shadowing, team-building activities, and discover how the core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility build great role models. CITs will be under the guidance of the Teen Leadership Director as they gain skills that they can truly take home with them.
Counselor in Training Prices 2021
1st Week YMCA Member = $240
All Additional Weeks YMCA Member = $192 / week
1st Week Non-YMCA Member = $255
All Additional Weeks Non-YMCA Member = $204 / week
All prices include transportation to and from our Green Bay drop off locations.
Money should never be a barrier for a child to access outstanding summer camp programming. If the fees are an issue, please consider taking advantage of our financial assistance.
Financial Assistance Form
Possible CIT Program Dates 2021
Week 1 No Camp Staff Training
Week 2 June 21-25 Super Heroes
Week 3 June 28-July 2 Mission Impossible
Week 4 No Camp 4th of July Holiday
Week 5 July 12-16 Star Wars
Week 6 July 19-23 Science Busters
Week 7 July 26-30 Olympics
Week 8 August 2-6 Minecraft
Week 9 August 9-13 Minions
Week 10 August 16-19* Water carnival
*Week 10 is Mon-Thurs only. There is no Thursday overnight. 20% discount applies
Assistant Counselor (Ages 16-17)
After completing a session of CIT, teens looking to fully realize their leadership potential, the Assistant Counselor (AC) program is the final step in Camp Wabansi's leadership progression. AC's will plan and lead camp activities, assist in the Camp Store, act as a liaison for cabin groups, accompany special groups on out-of-camp trips, and work side by side with the Camp Wabansi counselors to learn what it takes to become a well-rounded staff member. AC's are selected by application and interview. Space is limited. Applications are due by June 1st. Your teen can earn community service hours toward graduation and letters of reference will be written upon request.
To be considered for the AC program:
- Print and complete the AC APPLICATION.
- Directly submit your application to the Associate Executive of Camping Services:
YMCA Camp Wabansi
ATTN: Associate Director
12101 Y Camp Rd
Suring, WI 54174
3. We will contact you for a phone conversation and discuss your opportunities ot serve camp upon selection. There are no fees associated with the AC program.
- There will be no Thursday overnight option during the summer of 2021 in order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID during unmasked sleep time. Transportation will be provided on Thursday evenings (for campers not attending family night) and Friday morning as normal.
- There will be no before and after care offered for the summer of 2021 due to COVID. Call camp with questions.
West Side YMCA
Pick-Up 8:00 AM / Drop-Off 4:40 PM
Pick-Up 7:45 AM / rop-Off 4:40 PM
East Side YMCA
Pick-Up 8:15 AM / Drop-Off 4:15 PM
Camp Drop Off
Pick-Up 9:00 AM / Drop-Off 3:45 PM